Start your career search
Submit your current job title below and start searching for the next step in your career.
Examples: "human resources", "manager", "police"
A simpler way to chart a career path
OpportuNext from The Conference Board of Canada is a free-to-use career tool created in partnership with the Future Skills Centre.
Whether you’re looking for your next step or a completely new direction, or assisting someone else on their own career journey, OpportuNext can help you plan a career path with a similar skillset.
Job placement organizations
Offer more tailored help to job seekers and employers
- Identify more job opportunities for your clients
- Help job seekers find and navigate career pathways suited to their specific skills
- Highlight skill overlaps to identify qualified candidates for open positions
Find job seekers with the skills you're looking for
- Recognize employees who can be trained into new roles
- Find unexpected candidates for your open positions
- Help your employees plan their professional development
Discover careers that suit your skillset
- Learn how you can apply your skills to new careers
- Plan your next professional transition
- Find training and tools to help you make your next move
Frequently Asked Questions
Why use a career transition tool?
How do I search for career transitions?
How do I save career options I find?
Bridging Generational Divides—Digital Skills in the Trades
Tradespeople today will need a range of new digital skills to keep pace with the future of work. This summary of The Conference Board of Canada's Bridging Generational Divides report looks at how Canadian apprenticeship training can adapt to the future of work.Get the Report
Get advice to help push your career forward. Access articles, interviews and reports with general and industry-specific tips for career hunting in Canada.